- Provide an innovative training experience to CBO candidates with high potential.
- Understanding of fundamental issues that drive school business policies in the major functional areas: finance; accounting & budgeting; facilities development; maintenance, operations and transportation; contracts and procurement; and risk management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of school business principles and processes in district operations.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Work-study and applied learning by project assignments supported by an assigned mentor.
- Monthly instruction and project review by practicing professionals.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants must be nominated and nominees must be approved by a selection committee.
- Nomination, selection and attendance at 10 sessions.
- Completion of monthly work-study assignments reflecting strategic and technical competencies in the functional areas of school business.
- Positive evaluations from assigned mentor and program coordinator.